Skip to main content

DRIED MULBERRIES - A HIGH PROTEIN SNACK!


Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share with you my new favorite snack! Dried mulberries are packed full of nutrients and are an excellent source of protein and iron. (1/3 cup contains approx. 4 grams of protein)!!!

These antioxidant rich berries are also a good source of calcium, Vitamin A, C, E and K, folate, B vitamins and fiber. They can help improve digestion, enhance appetite and balance blood sugar. Mulberries can be consumed fresh, dried or in tea form.

Dried mulberries have a delicate sweet taste and an interesting texture. They are slightly crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Once I start snacking on them I find it hard to stop! I like to eat these on their own or I throw a few into my oatmeal, on salads, on smoothie bowls or on my chia seed pudding. They are a great tasting, nutrient dense, healthy snack! Have you tried them?

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

POPULAR POSTS

SPIRULINA CHIA SEED PUDDING

Chia seeds are a staple in my kitchen. I throw them on salads, oatmeal, in smoothies and make a super simple and delicious pudding with them. Chia pudding is such a versatile dish. You can eat it with fruit, nuts, seeds, top it with granola, coconut yogurt or layer it "parfait style" with berries or fruit purees just to name a few of it's endless possibilities.

For this recipe I topped it with a chia, hemp and buckwheat cereal, some fresh berries and added some Spirulina powder to the basic chia pudding recipe to get this beautiful turquoise color.