Friday, 20 May 2016

FACE OF THE DAY ~ Using RMS Beauty, Tarte & Burt's Bees

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great day! Today's post is a FOTD featuring some natural products from RMS Beauty, Tarte and Burt's Bees. I don't have a whole lot of time to get ready in the morning so I like to keep things simple. As you may know I've been trying to use more natural products that deliver results and that are easy to use. I think (for now) I've found a good line up of things that are working well and that are giving me the look(s) I'm going for.


My "everyday" face is pretty basic. I try to keep my make up as natural looking as possible enhancing my features rather than masking them.

So let's take a look at the products I used!

For a more in depth review/swatches of the RMS products used in today's post click here!


LEFT BOTTOM: RMS "UN" COVER UP 22 & TOP: RMS "TINTED "UN" POWDER" 2-3

RIGHT TOP: RMS BURITI BRONZER & BOTTOM: RMS MASTER MIXER

"UN" COVER UP 22: I use this amazing little product as my foundation & concealer. I apply it with my fingers concentrating on the areas that I need coverage. Usually around my eyes, nose, mouth and on some old acne scars and hyper pigmentation that I have on my cheeks. 

TINTED "UN" POWDER 2-3: I typically use this powder at the end of my make up routine after I've applied all the cream based products to set everything in place. It has a slight tint that adds just a touch of coverage and it blurs out pores & imperfections and keeps the skin matte without making it look dull or flat. I apply this powder all over my face with a big fluffy brush.

BURITI BRONZER: Once I've applied my base (the "Un Cover Up") and evened out my skin tone I add a little bronzer to my forehead and cheeks...basically anywhere the sun would naturally hit my face. I use my fingers to apply this and to blend it into my skin.

MASTER MIXER: Now for the highlight. Again I use my fingers and apply this soft rose/gold luminizer to the high points of my face...like my cheekbones, the inner corners of my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, my cupids bow and brow bones.


LEFT: RMS BEAUTY LIP 2 CHEEK IN "Promise" 

RIGHT: RMS LIP SHINE IN "Bloom" & BURT'S BEES LIP SHIMMER IN "Caramel"

Now onto my favorites...cheeks & lips!

RMS LIP 2 CHEEK IN "PROMISE": For a pop of color and a youthful flush I used "Promise" which is a peachy/apricot/salmon shade with a touch of gold to the apples of my cheeks and I also added a bit of it to my lips. I applied and blended this in with my fingers.

RMS LIP SHINE IN "BLOOM" & BURT'S BEES LIP SHIMMER IN "CARAMEL": I then added a bit of the sheer peachy pink lip shine to my lips and finished with a touch of the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in "Caramel" to add some depth & sheen.


For swatches & a more in depth look at the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers click here!


TARTE ENERGY NOIR PALETTE

Last but not least I used this beautiful palette from Tarte to finish up my look. For my eyes I used the 3 shades from the top row of shadows and the 1st shade from the second row of shadows. 

1. For a base I used the the 1st shade top row all over my lids.

2. For my crease I used the 1st shade 2nd row to add some depth and dimension to my eyes.

3. I then added a bit of the middle shade 1st row to the outer lid areas of my eyes and blended it out softly & into the crease color.

4. I used the 3rd matte dark brown shade in the 1st row as a liner on my top and bottom lash lines and then blended it out softly with a Q-tip to create soft and natural looking definition. I finished the eyes with some dark brown liner on my water line and a few coats of black mascara.

To complete the look I dusted a touch of the blush color on the apples of my cheeks to make them pop a bit more. I then set everything with the RMS Tinted "Un" Powder and that's it! A quick & easy daytime look that enhances your features without being too much or overdone.

For a more detailed review & swatches of the Tarte Energy Noir Palette click here!

You really can achieve any look...get the coverage and finish you like using products that are free from harsh chemicals (RMS in particular). I also love that the make up I'm now using is beneficial and healthy for my skin and is actually improving it's condition!

I hope you enjoyed today's post & thanks so much for reading!

CHELSEA XO

No comments:

Post a Comment