Wednesday, 18 May 2016

BURT'S BEES LIP SHIMMERS ~ Review & Swatches

Hello everyone! Hope all is well! Today I'll be talking about the fantastic Lip Shimmers from Burt's Bees. These little gems have been around awhile but I have just recently given them a good try and I absolutely love them! I have 5 shades that I will be reviewing today ranging from an everyday nude to a rich, deep and dramatic plum.

I was really surprised to see how pigmented these Lip Shimmers are...especially the deeper shades. They glide on easily and are somewhat build-able. They have a slight peppermint scent and flavor and provide a cooling sensation on the lips. I find them to be quite moisturizing and very comfortable to wear. Some of these Shimmers are more "shimmery" than others. We'll look at them individually in the pictures that follow. 

The wear time on these differs. The lighter shades tend to fade on me after a few hours but the deeper/darker shades tend to stick around a bit longer. 

So let's take a closer look!


BURT'S BEES LIP SHIMMER IN PLUM

Okay...I'm starting with this deep, dark and vamp-y one because it's my favorite! I was really shocked at how pigmented this one was. It goes on smoothly and can be worn as a light stain for a softer look or built up for a more dramatic look. 

"Plum" is one of the Lip Shimmers that isn't overly shimmery or frosty looking...which I love. It has the perfect amount of shine/shimmer to give your lips some dimension.  Love it!



LEFT TO RIGHT: BURT'S BEES LIP SHIMMERS IN "CHERRY" & "FIG"

Cherry is a gorgeous bright red that tends to pull more like a red/coral on my lips. It's very moisturizing, applies smoothly and evenly to the lips and is build-able. This one, like "Plum" isn't overly shimmery. It has just enough to add some depth to the lips and make them pop. It's really pretty!

Now for "Fig" which I would describe as a "your lips but better" shade. It's really natural looking and can be worn as a sheer wash of color or built up for a deeper look. This shade is a very wearable pink/brown/mauve-y tone that looks quite natural and I think would be very flattering for most skin tones. I tend to grab for this one allot because it slightly enhances my natural lip color and it's a great color for everyday wear!


LEFT TO RIGHT: BURT'S BEES LIP SHIMMERS IN "CARAMEL" & "WATERMELON"

So now for the lighter shades...which you may be able to tell from the photos above that they are both VERY shimmery...borderline frosty. The shimmer in these two tends to look a little dry on the lips and unfortunately accentuates lines.

Regardless, I do still like them but prefer to use them as a "topper" to other lipsticks to add some shine or I pop a gloss over top of them to tone down the frosty look a bit.

"Caramel" is a beige/caramel/nude color & "Watermelon" is a dusty/pink/mauve shade.


SWATCHES LEFT TO RIGHT: CARAMEL, WATERMELON, CHERRY, FIG & PLUM

Overall I'm a huge fan of these Lip Shimmers. They all glide on smoothly and evenly and the color payoff is pretty great. The minty flavor/smell is pleasant and they are all natural which is a bonus! My only gripe is the overly frosty finish of the last two shown..."Caramel" & "Watermelon". But like I mentioned before layering them with other products corrects that. 

I hope you enjoyed & thanks so much for reading!

CHELSEA 

No comments:

Post a Comment