Monday, 11 April 2016

RMS BEAUTY ~ REVIEW & SWATCHES



Hello everyone! Hope you are well! Today I'm excited to share with you my favorite natural make up line that I've been using for a couple of months now. Make up was the first thing that I changed out when I decided to take a more natural approach to beauty. As much as I love it I always felt like my skin was suffocating and becoming more and more congested every time I applied it. So I wanted to find something that contained natural ingredients, felt lightweight on my skin and delivered results. I found all of those things with RMS BEAUTY!

So let's take a closer look at this beautiful brand!



RMS BEAUTY

RMS uses raw, food grade and organic ingredients that actually nourish and improve the look and condition of the skin. Using pure ingredients in their natural state allows the vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants to remain intact creating a product that is not only beautifying but beneficial for overall skin health.

Topically the chemical/synthetic ingredients found in most cosmetics can overtime irritate the skin, create allergies and sensitivities and cause the skin to become congested resulting in breakouts and poor skin texture and tone. Our skin is our largest organ and it absorbs what we put on it. Lead, formaldehyde, parabens & phthalates (just to name a few) are in so many of the multiple cosmetics we apply to ourselves daily. Very scary!

FOR MORE INFO



Most of the RMS products come in little frosted recyclable/reusable glass pots with metal lids...except for the powder which is in a recyclable plastic pot with a plastic lid. The packaging is minimal and fuss free.

The cream formulas apply beautifully with your fingers. They blend effortlessly and look so natural on the skin. They are build-able and from my experience even though they contain naturally emollient ingredients they seem to stay put throughout the day. I haven't had any problems with excessive shine or product separation and I have combination/oily skin AND wear on oil based serum underneath this make up.

The powder is lightweight, non drying, non cake-y and doesn't exaggerate fine lines/large pores or wrinkles. It also creates a natural looking matte finish without making the skin look flat and lifeless.


RMS "UN" COVER UP 22 & TINTED "UN" POWDER 2-3

The "UN" COVER UP 22 is your concealer/foundation in one pot. It's creamy and easy to blend and provides light to medium build-able coverage. Once this formula warms it becomes one with the skin creating a radiant/youthful appearance. It provides smooth even coverage, minimizes the appearance of pores and creates a natural flawless finish without looking like your wearing a mask of make up.

I love the versatility of this product. On good skin days I apply a little of this with my fingers around my eyes, mouth and nose only. On days that I need a bit more coverage I apply it all over.

I love this so much I'm on my 2nd pot!


The TINTED "UN" POWDER 2-3 is the best powder I have ever used. It's really lightweight and almost undetectable on the skin but provides a touch of coverage. It sets the "Un" Cover Up nicely and keeps the skin matte throughout the day. It never looks cake-y or settles into pores or fine lines. It also blurs out imperfections/large pores and refines skin texture. I apply this with a big fluffy powder brush as a finishing touch to set all the face products.


RMS MASTER MIXER

This is a new creation from RMS BEAUTY. It's a multi tasking product that can be worn alone for a little glow or mixed with other products to add some depth/sheen and dimension. Master Mixer is a beautiful warm universally flattering rose gold tone that looks incredible mixed with foundations, blushes, bronzers, eye shadows and lip products.


Master Mixer is a lovely, very natural looking luminizer. It has no glitter or obvious shimmer...it just looks like your glowing from within. It's a little pot of magic!

I apply this as a highlighter to the high point of my face and usually add a bit on top of my lipsticks or gloss to enhance the color and sheen.


RMS BURITI BRONZER

This bronzer has quickly become a favorite! It's creamy, easy to blend and never looks streaky, orange or dirty on the skin. It creates the most beautiful warm healthy glow and wakes the skin up and makes you look like a bronzed goddess! It's build-able and lasts all day. I even use it as an eye shadow/crease color on days that I don't have allot of time to fuss with my make up.


The Buriti Bronzer has great pigmentation and is flattering for most skin tones. It has this really  beautiful golden sheen to it with no detectable glitter, shimmers or chunky sparkle. It contains wild crafted Buriti Oil which is very high in Vitamin A & Beta Carotene.


RMS LIP 2 CHEEK IN "PROMISE"

I have to say I absolutely LOVE the Lip 2 Cheeks! They are very pigmented and blend out so beautifully adding the perfect amount of color. Just a dab on the cheeks instantly brightens the face and a little on the lips adds beautiful opaque non drying color. "PROMISE" is a warm salmon/apricot shade with a hint of very fine and subtle gold shimmer. So pretty!


The Lip 2 Cheeks are build-able. You can apply a little for a soft wash of color or build them up for a more intense look. After I apply my bronzer I usually just add a touch of this on the apples of my cheeks and some on my lips for a pretty wash of color. It's so quick and easy!


RMS LIP SHINE IN "BLOOM"

This tinted lip balm/gloss is packed full of nourishing oils, vitamins and natural fatty acids. It goes on smoothly, delivers a nice amount of color and feels very moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. BLOOM is a pretty pinky/peach color with a very subtle hint of shimmer.


As you can see the the pigmentation of this lip shine is pretty good. With one swipe you get a nice amount of creamy coverage that isn't sticky or tacky. It has a nice glossy sheen and doesn't feel overly greasy or slick on the lips. There is a tiny amount of shimmer in this but it's so fine you almost can't see it. "Bloom" is a great easy to wear "everyday" color that compliments any make up look.


LEFT TO RIGHT: MASTER MIXER, BURITI BRONZER, LIP 2 CHEEK IN "PROMISE" & LIP SHINE IN "BLOOM"

Overall I have to say I am completely blown away by RMS BEAUTY. The quality of ingredients used...the way the products perform and the idea that your make up can actually be good for your skin is amazing!

If you're looking for a more natural approach to your make up routine I highly recommend checking out this line!


Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA 

No comments:

Post a Comment