Wednesday, 13 April 2016

BURT'S BEES LIPSTICKS ~ Review & Swatches

Hello everyone! Hope you're well! Today I wanted to share with you a couple of lipsticks that I picked up not too long ago and that I am really enjoying. They are from Burt's Bees which is a nice quality, very accessible and affordable natural line. I have always been a fan of their Tinted Lip Balms and Lip Shimmers so when I saw these at my local Walmart I couldn't resist giving them a try!

So let's take a closer look at these little beauties!


BOTTOM TO TOP: #500 NILE NUDE & #501 BLUSH BASIN

These lipsticks come in a pretty good range of shades. I believe there are 14 colors available...from soft wearable nudes to bold and vamp-y reds & berries. They are 100% natural and contain ingredients like Beeswax, Moringa Oil, Raspberry Seed Oil and Vitamin E.


I am a lover of nudes so I chose the two lightest shades that were in stock. Both of these shades have a decent amount of pigmentation and provide a smooth satin finish. They have an interesting texture...almost a waxy/gel like feel that I wasn't too sure about at first but now I love. I find them very comfortable to wear and they provide a nice amount of moisture. I almost forget that I'm wearing them...that's how nice they feel!


LEFT TO RIGHT: #500 NILE NUDE & #501 BLUSH BASIN

You can see from the swatches above that these shades have a nice amount of color. With 2 swipes you get pretty good coverage. Both of these shades are cream formulas and they have a satin almost matte finish. They do have a slight scent to them. I would describe it as a "fruity" smell. It's very slight and not overpowering.

The lasting power of these lipsticks is decent. I can get about 3-4 hours of wear (without eating) before they fade.


LEFT: #500 NILE NUDE is a lovely light beige/pink-y nude.
RIGHT: #501 BLUSH BASIN is a pretty medium toned soft pink-y/rose shade.



BLUSH BASIN is the perfect "throw on and go" lipstick. It adds a nice soft wearable wash of pink color that brightens up the face.


NILE NUDE is a great nude but it can wash you out a bit depending on your skin tone. In the picture above I'm wearing it alone but I usually wear it with a little medium toned nude lip liner just to add a touch of dimension to my lips. I also love mixing Nile Nude with other lipsticks to soften & lighten them.


Overall I really like these lipsticks and think I will venture outside my comfort zone and pick up some of the deeper shades. I love that they are natural and contain healthy ingredients. They are moisturizing and deliver a nice amount of pigmentation.

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA 

No comments:

Post a Comment