Friday, 18 July 2014

YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE ~ Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick #3 Ultimate Beige

Hello beauties! Hope you are all feeling fabulous! Okay...so I have yet another lipstick review for you today...seriously I have a problem! Haha! I have been on a lippie binge lately and have a few more fabulous shades that I want to share with you so hopefully you're not too sick of seeing them!

Today I will be talking about the most gorgeous lipstick I have ever seen or owned! It's the utterly luxurious YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick and it looks like a piece of exquisite jewelry...its just so beautiful! 

I've been dying to get one of these but I was never 100% sure about which color to go for (ordering online) and because they are more on the pricey side I didn't want to choose something that wouldn't look good on me. So now that we have a Sephora nearby (YAY!!!!) I was able to go and see first hand which colors were more flattering for my skin tone...which was so much fun!

So let's take a closer look at this amazing lipstick!


YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE SILKY SENSUAL RADIANT LIPSTICK #3 ULTIMATE BEIGE

Okay we have to start with the packaging...it is beyond beautiful! It comes in a lovely golden box and inside is the most luxurious tube of lipstick I have ever seen. It's a golden metal tube that feels very substantial in your hands. 

It looks like something a glamorous Old Hollywood actress would have on her vanity...Lana Turner, Grace Kelly, Veronica Lake...Marilyn Monroe to name a few of my favorites! Such a treat!


Now let's move onto the texture and consistency of this lipstick. It's very silky, smooth and buttery. It almost melts into your lips and feels so soft and comfortable on. It glides on effortlessly and has smooth and even coverage. It's possibly the best feeling lipstick I've ever tried. It wraps my lips in rich and creamy color that has a lovely sheen to it.


I would describe the color of Ultimate Beige as a beautiful caramel/nude with hints of pink and peach...depending on the light. Let me explain. In some light (on me) it looks like a mid tone caramel/nude...in brighter light it tends to look like more of a pink-y/nude shade (on me)...and sometimes it takes on more of a peachy/nude shade...this one is a chameleon!

Regardless...it's a beautiful color! It's another one of those "wearable" shades that gives your lips that "my lips but better" look. It's a great color for a fuss free everyday look that just looks polished and put together but never over the top.

I think this shade would be flattering for most skin tones as it adds some brightness to the face and a soft flush of natural color to the lips.


The pigmentation is really great on this lipstick. It's rich and has great coverage...one swipe gives a substantial amount of color. 

Because of it's pigmentation and rich and creamy texture this lipstick can feel a little heavy on the lips if applied with a heavy hand. I usually apply one swipe top and bottom for a softer look or I just dab it on for an even softer look.


In the pictures above you can see how pretty this color is. It has a soft sheen which is really nice especially if you're not a fan of lipsticks that can sometimes look flat or matte on the lips. I think the sheen adds some youthfulness and some freshness to the face.

Unfortunately it's not very long lasting. I can get about 1-2 hours wear from Ultimate Beige. I find that after that the sheen wears away and I'm left with more of a stain finish which I kind of like...or I need to apply more to refresh my look. I find this lipstick to be very moisturizing and comfortable to wear and because of it's rich pigmentation a little goes a long way when you first apply it.

Overall this is a very lovely lipstick not only the packaging but the actual product inside. It's luxurious, glamorous and it really is a treat to use. The color is so nice for everyday and perfect if you want something that will add a soft natural flush of color but is still subtle and delicate looking on the lips. It's has an amazing rich and creamy texture and feels so nice on. It's classy, sophisticated and oh so beautiful!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

No comments:

Post a Comment