Thursday, 31 July 2014

YSL FAUX CILS VOLUME EFFET "BABY DOLL" MASCARA

Hello beauties! Hope you are all feeling fabulous! Today I will be reviewing a mascara that I have been really loving lately. It's the YSL Faux Cils Volume Effet Mascara and it's such a nice product! I received a small sample size of this not long ago and absolutely loved the way it made my lashes look. So as soon as my sample ran out I was back in Sephora to pick up the full size!

I usually opt for drugstore mascaras as they are more affordable and deliver great results but after using the sample of this mascara I loved the look so much that I thought I'd splurge and go for a bit of luxury this time around.

So lets's take a closer look!


YSL FAUX CILS VOLUME EFFET "BABY DOLL" MASCARA IN #1 Fetish Black

So let's start with the packaging. It's beautiful...as you would expect from a luxury brand. It comes in a super shiny golden tube with the YSL logo imprinted on it. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the "baby doll" written down the side in red. It kind of ruins the whole "luxurious" look for me...not that it really matters (just being picky). The mascara formulation and brush are what's REALLY important and I have to give a big thumbs up for both!


The wand is nice and long...I really love long wands. I feel like I have allot more control when applying with a longer wand and can get into those smaller hard to reach areas without getting mascara all over my skin. Another bonus is that when you pull the wand from the tube the perfect amount of mascara is on the brush. I really dislike when a brush comes out of the tube and it's loaded with too much mascara...so much that you need to wipe some off before applying. This one is great!


The brush itself is a synthetic/plastic spike-y type brush with short bristles. It really is easy to use and seems to grab all my lashes (long & short) separating them and coating them evenly. I have always preferred natural "bush-y" fuller mascara brushes as I always thought they provided more volume and just grabbed my lashes better...but this one delivers close to the same look with the synthetic brush. It combs out the lashes giving them a feather-y look while providing some volume and length.


In the picture above you can kind of see how flutter-y and feather-y this mascara makes the lashes. It gives nice separation with a clump free smooth and even application. It adds some volume and delivers some length as well. The color "Fetish Black" isn't the blackest black but it's quite dark and gives nice definition. After applying my eyes are framed with lovely long and wispy lashes that really do have a "doll eyed" effect. It also has a nice floral scent as opposed to a chemical scent which makes it quite pleasant to use.


Overall I love this mascara. It applies evenly and smoothly without any clumps. It doesn't flake, fade or smudge throughout the day and it makes my lashes look feather-y...long and gives some volume. Also it doesn't make my lashes stiff or brittle feeling...they have definition but still feel somewhat soft to the touch. It has a pleasant scent and frames the eyes with soft flutter-y lashes! Great mascara!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

No comments:

Post a Comment