Wednesday, 16 July 2014

NARS ~ Dolce Vita Blush

Hello beauties! Hope you are all well! Today I will be talking about a lovely new addition to my make up family! It's my very first NARS blush and I have to say...WOW!!! 

I was so excited when I heard that a Sephora was opening nearby and I very anxiously awaited it's arrival. Finally opening day came and I was instantly transported to cosmetic heaven! So many beautiful things to look at...it was slightly overwhelming and a total thrill for this beauty junkie! With all the temptations I was actually quite conservative with my shopping and only came out with 2 products. One of those products was this amazing blush!

So let's take a closer look!


NARS DOLCE VITA BLUSH

So let's start with the packaging. It's sleek and minimal and the case has a matte finish.


The color is gorgeous. I would describe it as a muted reddish/berry/rose that looks like the natural flush you get in your cheeks after being outside on a windy day or after exercising. It's also the kind of color that (I think) would be flattering for most skin tones.

At first I though Dolce Vita was a matte finish but when I got it home I realized it has very subtle micro (barely noticeable) shimmer in it that adds a soft glow and prevents this blush from looking too flat on the face.


The texture of this blush is lovely and smooth and it feels very finely milled. It applies evenly and blends beautifully. Dolce Vita is a very pigmented blush...a little goes a long way with this one! If you want a more natural flush of color...use a light hand when applying. If you want more of a dramatic look then no problem! This blush is so pigmented...one good dip into the product with your brush will do the trick!

As you can see from the pictures above the color of this blush is that "rose-y just pinched" cheeks kind of color. It reminds me of the beautiful rose-y cheeks children have and I think it just adds a bit of freshness and youthfulness to the face. So pretty!


In these next pictures I tried to capture the color of Dolce Vita on and how it brightens up the face and adds a natural healthy flush of color.




Overall Dolce Vita is a lovely blush! It's one of those colors that you don't have to think about because it's just so flattering and mimics the look of naturally flushed cheeks. It's incredibly pigmented...has a smooth texture and blends easily. I can definitely see this blush becoming a favorite! Love it!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

No comments:

Post a Comment