Thursday, 17 July 2014

MAC "TWIG" LIPSTICK ~ Satin Finish

Hello lovelies! Hope you are having a wonderful day! Today I have another lipstick review for you...can you tell I have a slight obsession with lip products? Ha! I've really been into lipsticks lately and have been trying to chose shades that are classic and wearable and that really flatter my skin tone. Twig is definitely one of those shades! 

Whenever I think of a great shade for everyday wear I always think of pink-y brown colors...I just think they are super flattering and so easy to wear for so many skin tones! 

So let's take a closer look at Twig!


MAC "TWIG" LIPSTICK (satin finish)

Twig is described as a soft muted brownish-pink and is in a satin finish. The satin finish gives this lippie more staying power in my opinion. I can get approximately 4-5 hours wear before I feel the need to reapply. It's quite opaque and really wraps your lips in super rich highly pigmented color. 

It can feel a tad drying as the day goes on...I would recommend using a lip balm underneath this one. Also this lipstick has a very rich and creamy consistency which is great but I find that if I apply too much it has a tendency to look slightly cake-y or too thick on my lips. So I usually just dab this one on which creates a lovely stain like appearance or if I want a bit more coverage I will just apply one swipe top and bottom and that seems to give pretty substantial coverage.


This is one swipe...you can see how great the pigmentation is and how consistent and smooth the coverage is.

Twig is a medium pink/brown...I actually think it looks slightly rose-y depending on the light. When I wear it...it tends to pull more of a rose/brown in darker lighting and in brighter lighting it pulls more pink-y/brown on me. 

Twig is a very flattering and wearable shade for most skin tones but especially for darker ones. I think it compliments darker skin beautifully! It almost has that "my lips but better" look and it really adds some brightness to the face. I feel like it's quite a sophisticated and feminine color...it looks classic and polished without looking over the top. It's looks lovely with a simple defined eye & rose-y cheeks...that's how I love to wear it!


In these next pics you can see how pretty and wearable this shade is. It's a great "go to" color for a fuss free everyday look. It has enough color to brighten up the face but it's not too dark/harsh or severe looking. 

The lighting is a little bright in the pics above and you can see that the color is pulling more of a pink-y/brown as opposed to a rose-y brown like it would in darker lighting.


Here you can kind of see more of the rose-y brown coming through.

Overall Twig is a great choice if you are looking for a classic wearable and feminine color for everyday. It's creamy and somewhat long lasting...(although I do find it slightly drying) and it has great color payoff. It's a beautiful color for most skin tones especially darker skin tones and it adds a subtle sophistication to your look. It's a lovely easy to wear color that can be dabbed on for a softer stain like appearance or worn full on for more of a classic polished look. Love it!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

2 comments:

  1. twig is in my wishlist..hope to get my hands soon..nicely reviewed dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luv! It would look so pretty on you! :)

      Delete