Tuesday, 22 July 2014

MAC STUDIO FIX POWDER FOUNDATION

Hello everyone! Hope you are all well! Today I will be talking about a powder foundation that I have been really loving lately. It's MAC's Studio Fix Powder Foundation and it's such a great product...especially if you don't like to use liquid bases or you're looking for something that feels lightweight but gives great coverage.

I have super oily skin that is really hard to control especially in the hot weather...so I tend to gravitate more towards powders rather than liquids in the summer time. This powder is really effective as it gives decent coverage...helps control oil and gives the skin a flawless look without much effort.

So let's take a closer look!


MAC STUDIO FIX POWDER FOUNDATION (NW30)

This powder comes in the signature sleek and sturdy MAC compact that houses a good sized mirror which makes touch ups easy. It also comes with an application sponge that is in a compartment underneath the foundation.


As you can see this powder is well loved! I've been using it quite a bit since the weather has gotten really hot and humid. Sometimes I use it alone with a little concealer or as a setting powder over my favorite BB cream from Stila.

The texture of this powder foundation is a little heavier than your typical powder as it is a "foundation" and does provide a substantial amount of coverage. It has a smooth finely milled texture and an almost creamy consistency that applies very evenly giving your skin a perfected look that isn't cake-y or chalky.


You can kind of see the rich consistency of this powder in the picture above. This is one swipe and it has pretty good coverage. This product is build-able...it gives light to medium coverage depending on application. It also works well as a setting powder. As I mentioned earlier...I've been using it to set my Stila BB Cream which helps control shine and gives me a touch more coverage.


MAC Studio Fix applies effortlessly. I usually use a large powder brush to apply it if I want lighter coverage or I'll use a Kabuki brush and buff it into my skin building it up for more of a medium coverage. It evens out my skin tone, smooths out imperfections and helps control shine. It also doesn't oxidize or separate on my oily skin after application. It actuality looks better as it wears throughout the day. It warms to the skin and almost becomes one with the skin giving you a really natural look.


For me this product lasts pretty well on my oily skin. I can go most of the day without feeling like I need to touch up. I do however sometimes blot my skin with a blotting sheet or tissue as I tend to get slightly oily about mid afternoon but I generally do that no matter what base I'm wearing.

I've also had no problems with breakouts using this powder. It has no scent that I can detect and it doesn't seem to aggravate or irritate my skin.

Overall I really love this powder foundation. It's easy to use, quick to apply...goes on smoothly and evenly, has great pigmentation and provides light to medium coverage. It perfects the skin without looking too heavy, chalky or cake-y and has pretty good staying power even on oily skin. It hasn't broken me out and is great for oil control. It can be used alone with concealer or over a liquid base to set it or for more coverage. Love it!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

No comments:

Post a Comment