Thursday, 10 July 2014

MAC "COSMO" LIPSTICK ~ Amplified Creme

Hello beauties! Hope you are all well! So I finally took advantage of the "Back To MAC" recycling program the other day and picked up a lipstick that I have been wanting for awhile. If you're not familiar with MAC's recycling program...you bring in 6 empties and then get to pick out a lipstick. Pretty cool! It's a good thing I never throw anything away! Ha! 

"Cosmo" is the lipstick that I chose and it's such a lovely color! I've been looking for a color that would work well for everyday wear and be flattering on my skin tone and this lippie is exactly what I was looking for!

So let's take a closer look!


MAC "COSMO" LIPSTICK (amplified creme finish)

I would describe Cosmo as a warm mid tone rose-y/pink that is almost a "my lips but better" shade. It really enhances my lips by adding just the right amount of color. It's the perfect tone for everyday wear if you want something that will add a nice flush but still look natural and not over the top.

I think this color is quite refined looking and has a very feminine, classic feel especially when paired with black winged liquid liner, mascara and rose-y cheeks or even a smokey eye!


Cosmo is a cream finish lipstick that glides on so smoothly and feels really comfortable on the lips. It's not drying and seems to last (on me) for quite awhile. I can get approximately 3-4 hours wear before I feel the need to reapply

It's also very pigmented! A little goes a long way! Just one swipe provides amazing coverage. I sometimes just dab a bit of it onto my lips to get more of a sheer stain affect and it looks really pretty that way too.


In the picture above you can see just how pigmented this lipstick is! This is one swipe and it's creamy, rich and so saturated with color. It has a semi matte finish and the signature MAC "vanilla" lipstick scent.You can also see how this shade is such a perfect tone of rose-y/pink. I think it would be flattering on most skin tones especially tanned or darker skins.


In these next pictures I tried to capture what this lipstick looks like on in slightly different lighting. It tends to pull (on me) a tad more pink when I'm in brighter lighting. (as shown above)

In slightly darker lighting it pulls more of a mid toned rose-y/pink on me. (as shown above)


In the picture above you can see just how wearable Cosmo is and what a lovely shade it is for everyday wear.

Overall this is a really great lipstick. It's very comfortable to wear, has amazing pigmentation and lasting power and applies like a dream. The color (I think) would be very flattering on lighter or darker skin tones. It just a beautiful feminine classic shade that is perfect for everyday wear!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

2 comments: