Tuesday, 8 July 2014

LESSONS FROM MADAME CHIC ~ By Jennifer L. Scott

Hello everyone! Hope you are all feeling fabulous! Today I wanted to share with you a book that I have been obsessed with lately. It's Lessons From Madame Chic by Jennifer L. Scott and it has really changed the way I think about style, beauty and diet.

Lessons From Madame Chic is a quick, easy and very enjoyable light read based on the authors time living in Paris with Famille Chic. During her stay she discovers how the French have a knack for turning the little things in life into an art form and she brings those lessons to us in this wonderful book!

So let's take a closer look at this little gem!


The illustrations on the cover and within the book really enhance the reading experience. They are very chic and super cute!


The attention to detail is wonderful. There are so many beautiful artistic accents that really make this book special.


I adore this classy lady! 


In the next few pictures I'll be showing you some of my favorite chapters.

DEPRIVE YOURSELF NOT

This chapter talks about developing a positive attitude towards food and how to make each meal a special experience by choosing quality ingredients and by taking the time to sit down and enjoy. I found this chapter to be quite inspiring and have been learning more about quality ingredients as well as experimenting with new recipes. Next on my list is a classic French Apple Tart!


LIBERATE YOURSELF WITH THE TEN-ITEM WARDROBE

Oh Chapter 4! This one (for me) is a challenge! "The Ten Item Wardrobe" is genius and something that I have been striving to achieve. I love the concept of having a select group of clothing that is flattering & fits perfectly...is classic in style...is interchangeable and that is of decent quality.

The struggle (for me) is letting go! I've been taking the "baby steps" approach with this and I have to say I've paired down my wardrobe significantly. I'm not quite at the 10 item mark yet but I'm getting there! 


LE NO-MAKE UP LOOK

Oh how I love this chapter! I love anything to do with make up so this chapter was very appealing to me! I've always admired the fresh faced French beauties and how they look put together without looking made up. To me that is make up perfection and something that I strive to achieve!

This chapter breaks it down...showing you what you need to achieve "Le No Make Up Look" and what you don't need! It describes how to create natural looks and also how to add a bit of drama...all with minimal product and very simple techniques. 

 "Lessons From Madame Chic" is a joy to read from the personable anecdotes to the lovely illustrations. It's full of wonderful and very useful lifestyle tips that can be introduced into your daily life to enhance each experience and every day! A thoroughly delightful read!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

No comments:

Post a Comment