Monday, 30 June 2014

STILA STAY ALL DAY 10-IN-1 HD BEAUTY BALM

Hello beautiful! Hope you are are well! Today I wanted to review one of my all time favorite BB Creams. It's Stila's "Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm" and it's really a lovely product if your looking for a base that delivers a beautiful lightweight natural finish and skincare benefits all in one!

So let's take a closer look at this little gem!


STILA STAY ALL DAY 10-IN-1 HD BEAUTY BALM

So let's start with the packaging. This BB cream comes in a sleek silver tube with black accents. The plastic tube is great for travel and makes it easy to dispense the product.

I love the concept of BB Creams but I've had a hard time finding one that works well with my oily/breakout prone skin. This one seems to be working well (this is my 3rd tube)...it provides a lovely lightweight coverage while minimizing and perfecting slight imperfections and unevenness without breaking me out. It's a great choice if you're not into wearing anything too heavy on your skin and just want a natural, quick and easy base for everyday.

So now let's take a look at some of the benefits this BB Cream has!

Stila claims that this product:

1. Contains innovative micro-spheres, which have been shown to hide skin imperfections and reduce the appearance of wrinkle depth by up to 84%

2. Infused with natural skin protecting emollients which have been shown to increase anti oxidant activity by up to 89.7%

3. Enriched with tripeptide 37, bamboo and pea extracts, which help diminish the appearances of fine lines and wrinkles.

4. Long wearing, high definition formula.

5. Helps reduce pore size and provides oil and blemish control.

6. Features an exclusive complex, which helps reduce redness and skin irritation.

7.Uses the smallest particle size of coated pigments for seamless smooth coverage.

8. Luxurious Beauty Balm glides onto skin and leaves a silky powdery finish.

9. Ideal for all skin types and skin tones.

10. Oil-free, paraben-free and dermatologist tested.

It all sounds so great and personally I have to say I agree (and have experienced) most of these benefits when using this product. For me it does provides lightweight natural looking coverage/hides slight imperfections...helps reduce my fine lines...it's long lasting...reduces the appearance of my pores and helps control oil throughout the day. I also find it helps to minimize the look of redness (slightly)...evens out my skin tone, improves the look of my skin texture...and provides smooth perfectly matched easy to blend color that dries to a lovely powdery finish.


This BB Cream comes in one "universal" shade. It's supposed to match & blend in seamlessly no matter what your skin tone. (not 100% sure how this works for darker skin tones) For me...during the winter when my skin was lighter it did blend in perfectly and now that I've gotten a bit of sun it also seems to blend in perfectly.

As you can see in the picture above the texture of this product is creamy but lightweight...it feels as if you have nothing on your skin which is really nice especially in the warmer months. Personally I can't handle the feel of heavy make up on my skin on a hot & humid day! Eeeek!

You can also see how this BB cream dries to a powdery finish...which looks more like a satin finish on me (because of my oily skin) for most of the day. If you had dry skin I think this BB Cream would create more of a natural matte finish.


This stuff blends into the skin like a dream and makes my skin look healthy, natural and fresh. It has a scent that I will say I'm not a huge fan of. It's kind of strange smelling to me...almost a cosmetic/flowery/fruity concoction...which thankfully disappears within 10-15 minutes or so after applying.

As I mentioned earlier I have very oily skin and I can wear this BB Cream in hot humid weather without it separating or oxidizing. It also does seem to control oil and shine (somewhat)...my skin never looks "greasy" just healthy and glow-y...similar to that gorgeous JLO glow!

Stila's HD BB Cream has become a staple in my collection. It's the perfect blend of lightweight, natural looking, perfecting coverage and skin care benefits all in one. I love the way it looks and feels on my skin and how it lasts all day without changing color or separating. I also love the fact that it doesn't break me out..something I've had trouble with when testing out other BB Creams. It really does make your skin look great without covering it up under a heavy layer of make up. Fabulous product!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

No comments:

Post a Comment