Monday, 16 June 2014

MAC WOODWINKED EYE SHADOW

Hello lovelies! Hope you are having a fabulous day! Today I will be reviewing one of my favorite eye shadows. It's the popular "Woodwinked" from MAC and it's such a pretty color for Spring/Summer...or anytime of the year for that matter! 

I'm kind of a simple gal when it comes to eye make up...I tend to gravitate to the more neutral colors and I hardly ever do anything very elaborate. I like to keep it simple so I love finding shades that add flattering color and a little sparkle with little to no effort...and this little gem does that well!

So let's take a closer look!


MAC WOODWINKED (Veluxe Pearl)

So let's start with the packaging. It's the signature MAC plastic case/pot. I really like how minimal and sleek all MAC products look.


Now let's look at the actual product. The finish of this eye shadow is a Veluxe Pearl...which as you can see from the picture above it's quite shimmery...it almost has a metallic look to it. The "shimmer" in this shadow is very finely milled so it applies smoothly & looks very velvety on the lids. I find the texture to have an almost creamy and soft feel which makes it a dream to blend. Woodwinked also has amazing pigmentation as you can see from my finger swatch above...a little goes a long way with this one!


I would describe the color of Woodwinked as a medium toned bronze/gold with a slight amber/orange undertone. I find it brightens my brown eyes and makes them really stand out. I usually apply it all over my lid and slightly into my crease with a little black liner & mascara for a quick "everyday" no fuss look. I also tend to apply this shadow with a very light hand as it is so pigmented. Also because of it's pigmentation and shimmery/metallic finish I find (if applied heavily) it can settle slightly into & accentuate any fine lines or dryness on the lids. To prevent that I always wear an eye shadow primer with it...Urban Decay's Primer Potion seems to work well.

Overall Woodwinked is a beautiful shade for a simple everyday look or blended with deeper shades for more drama. It adds a nice glow to the lids with it's velvety sheen and has a beautiful smooth texture which makes it so easy to work with. Love it!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

No comments:

Post a Comment