Sunday, 15 June 2014

MAC MATTE BLUSH IN MELBA ~ A Summer Favorite!

Hello beautiful! Today I will be reviewing one of my all time favorite blushes for Spring/Summer. It's a matte blush from MAC that is (in my opinion) the prettiest kiss of soft peachy/apricot color which looks incredibly natural on the cheeks. As soon as the warmer weather hits I find myself gravitating to this blush. I just love how fresh & youthful it looks!

So let's take a closer look!


MAC MATTE BLUSH IN MELBA

So let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of MAC's Matte Blushes and have been using them for years. I have fairly large pores on my cheeks so I prefer to use blushes that are matte to prevent accentuating those pesky pores with shimmer. The texture of these blushes are lovely & smooth and apply very evenly to the skin. They have great pigmentation and are very build-able if you want more of a dramatic look.


Now lets talk about the color. Melba is a pretty peachy/apricot shade that adds such a fresh and youthful look to the skin. As soon as I apply it I feel like my skin instantly brightens and looks alive. It's also a great option for those who (like me) don't necessarily like the way pink blushes look on their skin.

As I mentioned earlier this blush has great pigmentation...a little goes a long way! I tend to apply a light dusting of it on the apples of my cheeks and gently build it up for more color if needed. I also really love the way this blush looks paired with bronzer...it gives you that gorgeous healthy summer glow! Melba also wears well in hot humid weather and on oily skin...which I have. I apply this in the morning and I feel like it looks pretty fresh for the entire day.

SWATCH TIME!


I took theses pictures in slightly different light to show you how this blush looks. As you can see it's a soft peach/apricot shade that has a certain freshness to it. It blends out easily and adds some brightness and a little youthful flush of natural color to your cheeks. Melba is a definite staple in my collection...I absolutely love it!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried MAC blshes..hoping to get them soon..loved the shade and ur review

    ReplyDelete