Saturday, 14 June 2014

CLINIQUE CHUBBY STICK IN #02 WHOLE LOTTA HONEY

Hello lovelies! Today I wanted to review a product that has quickly become a "staple" lippie in my collection. It's the popular "Whole Lotta Honey" Chubby Stick from Clinique and I have to say I'm absolutely in love! For me it's the perfect combination of gorgeous color, comfortable wear, hydration & shine!

So let's take a closer look at this little lovely!


CLINIQUE CHUBBY STICK IN #02 WHOLE LOTTA HONEY

So let's start with the packaging. It comes in a fat "crayon" style tube with a plastic case that corresponds to the color hiding inside and silver accents. To reveal the product you simply twist the bottom...and up it comes! 

The actual product is (in my opinion) quite delightful! Let's start off with the color. "Whole Lotta Honey" is a gorgeous nude, caramel, honeyed brown that I think would be flattering on most skin tones. It's that perfect "my lips but better" shade that's so easy to wear. It enhances your natural lip color and gives you that flushed healthy look. I tend to grab this almost daily as it adds a touch of color...goes with everything and is such a pleasure to apply.

Now let's talk about the formula. What can I say...I LOVE it! It applies evenly and smoothly...adds a nice sheer wash of beautiful color and is so comfortable to wear. It applies like a tinted balm with a nice amount of pigmentation and really feels moisturizing on the lips. I can get about 2-3 hours of wear before I feel the need to reapply which I think is pretty good for a "tinted balm" style product. 

SWATCH TIME!


I tried to take these swatch pictures in slightly different lighting so you could see how this lippie looks. I would describe it as a medium toned brown/caramel/nude shade that looks so natural on the lips. It has a slight shine when first applied but fades slightly with wear and becomes almost a stain like finish on the lips.

These Clinique Chubby Sticks are amazing in my opinion. I can't believe it's taken me this long to give them a try. They come in a wide range of beautiful shades and I will definitely be going back for more!

Thank you so much for reading!

CHELSEA

2 comments: