Tuesday, 10 June 2014

CHANEL ROUGE COCO SHINE #54 BOY

Hello again! So I have another review for you today on the popular and very lovely Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in #54 Boy. If you're looking for the perfect color for everyday wear than this shade might be for you! As the name suggest this product delivers beautiful shine with a gentle wash of color. It's great if lipstick isn't your thing and you're not a fan of gloss because it's more of a tinted balm type product that delivers a nice amount of moisture.

So let's take a closer look!


CHANEL ROUGE COCO SHINE #54 BOY

To begin we'll start with the packaging. As with all Chanel products the packaging is completely chic and utterly sophisticated. The tube is composed of metal (no cheap plastic here) and the cap snaps on & off securely. Of course it has the classic signature Chanel black & gold  finish...sheer luxury!


As you can see here the tube is more on the skinny side compared to a typical lipstick. It's quite sleek and slender and would fit nicely in a small clutch or evening bag.



Now let's look at the actual product inside! Firstly...this lippie applies beautifully. It almost feels as if it is melting into your lips...delivering a nice amount of moisture with a sheer wash of color and a hint of shine. I call this my "grab it & go" color for those days I don't want to fuss too much and just want a little something to finish off my look.

SWATCH TIME!


I tried to capture this shade in different lighting so you could see the tones. As you can see it's quite sheer and has a nice sheen to it. The color is a pretty soft beige/pink with very fine barely there white micro shimmer. Boy looks so natural on...it's best described as a "my lips but better" shade that is so flattering & would work for most skin tones.


Although I love this lippie there are a few things that I'm not really crazy about. It does have a  scent...which to me is a very perfume-y type scent. It does tend to fade awhile after applying but for the first 1/2 hour or so I feel as if I have perfume in my mouth. Which might be something to keep in mind if you're (like me) sensitive to things like that. It also doesn't seem to last very long on the lips. I get about 1 hour tops before I feel like I need to re-apply...which is kind of a pain. 

That being said I do enjoy using this...the soft pretty color, moisture and of course the fabulous packaging have won me over! It's a great everyday shade that just enhances your natural lip tone and adds a nice comfortable shine and wash of semi sheer color!

Thanks for reading!

CHELSEA

No comments:

Post a Comment